THINGS TO DO FOR FREE

I love shopping, I do. But after that shopping spree in VA and paying a hefty fine & towing fee earlier this week (NEVER not looking at ...

I love shopping, I do. But after that shopping spree in VA and paying a hefty fine & towing fee earlier this week (NEVER not looking at street signs again...stupid mistake! And costly!) I'm putting myself on a budget for the rest of the month. In the meantime, I came up with a list of things to do for free, or at least very low cost.

1. 

Go to the park. Or beach.
(Depending on where you live.) Play frisbee/go tanning/read/relax.

2. 

Journal. 
I just started a newer handwritten journal after not journalling pretty much my entire time in NYC, and it's so cathartic.

3.

Go to the library.
Borrow a book, books, or DVDs. I normally come out there with a stack of books that will keep me occupied for quite a few days!

4. 

Draw/paint/create. 
I always tell myself I want to, but never do. I have all the tools, but lack the inspiration, and make up excuses as to why I don't do it, rather than just sit down with a sketchbook in front of me and a pencil in hand and just draw!

5. 


Make a collage. 
I love magazines so I have quite a few laying around - I could definitely put together a collage if the mood strikes me.

6. 

Go through your clothes/closet. 
It's always good to clean stuff out, try stuff on, and put together new outfits.

7. 

Read. 
Books, magazines, articles online, blogs. Anything. You really don't have to spend money to read!

8. 

Add things to wish lists. 
I do this a lot whenever I find myself on a self-imposed budget. I'll even go as far as adding certain items I want into that website's shopping cart, and then just leaving it. (And I never feel guilty for it, and on the plus side - if I still really want it later, it's usually either on sale, or at that point I know I really want it and will make the cost-per-wear more than worth it!)

9. 

Exercise.
I know, I know...it's hard to get the motivation sometimes. But just think about how good you'll look while sunbathing in the park (see number 1) - and all you have to do (especially since it's summer) is just head outside and run, jog, take your dog out for a walk, ride a bike...and you got to do something both good for your heart, and your wallet! 

10.
Blog about 10 things to do for free when you're on a budget.
Of course.

[Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram