Heroine

via Nora Ephron was one smart woman, and this quote is something I've been thinking about lately - living life with intention, ra...


Nora Ephron was one smart woman, and this quote is something I've been thinking about lately - living life with intention, rather than sitting back and letting it just take you along for the ride. Of course, there does need to be a certain balance of the two, but as far as what you can control - why don't you? 

I've been thinking about life lately and living with a purpose. Part of that purpose is making sure I'm doing what I can to live my life to the fullest. Which for me, means doing things like enjoying my work, connecting or re-connecting with friends, exercising, and doing things I like to do - such as ballet and blogging. (I think it's ballet that's really made me think about all of this - last week I took my first ballet class in 10 years and boy is it so much harder than I remembered!) I want to feel empowered by my life and that comes from feeling like I've made good choices, do good things (whether for myself or someone else), and am living with no regrets.

For everything that is out of my control, all I can do is try to not let things stress me out, or worry about things I can't control, and re-focus on what I can. And for whatever life hands me, I'll do my best to make the best of any given situation.

So, have a great Monday & a great week, and try to be the heroine (or hero) of your life!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I started dancing again 3 years ago after taking 5 years off & I swear I couldn't walk the day after my first class but I was so happy to be back! For a while I was struggling with things that made me happy & I can definitely say dancing made me realize I needed to connect back to things that used to make me happy.

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad I just took a beginner's class last week - I wasn't sore the day after, but I definitely worked hard in class! I'm happy you started dancing again! Doing something you used to love (if you still love it) feels like reconnecting with your younger self :)

      Delete
  2. This quote really made me think! I definitely need to reconnect with old passions. I used to love to take dance classes, art classes and just being able to meet people was the best part. It really is the things that make us happiest that are best for the soul. xo
    Best, M.
    http://fadedmstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram