Happy Monday!

Vintage Seventeen Magazine Illustration, via How was your weekend? Mine was awesome - restful and productive! The Beatrix Potter ...

Vintage Seventeen Magazine Illustration, via

How was your weekend?

Mine was awesome - restful and productive! The Beatrix Potter Picture Letters exhibit at The Morgan Library & Museum was absolutely adorable - I have a soft spot for children's books and illustrations, so I was in heaven! Unfortunately no photography was allowed, but if you're in NYC I highly recommend going before it ends at the end of this month!

I also made a tortilla soup and Gwyneth's mac and cheese this weekend - the mac and cheese ended up being a little dry, so I added more cheese (heated whole milk, mixed in grated parmesan and shredded cheddar & monterey jack, and added a little bit of unsalted butter, all in a saucepan and poured it in to the leftover portion) to it on Sunday and now it's perfect, and now I have leftovers for lunch this week! (The best thing about cooking is leftovers. I don't know why I love them so much!)

I also broke out my watercolors and attempted to paint Molly - unfortunately I am neither skilled in watercolor nor am I good at drawing dogs, so there will be no public photos of that attempt, although it was really fun to do! (And that is the point after all - to have fun.)

Who's excited for The Bachelor tonight? I am not ashamed to say that I am!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. glad you had a relaxing weekend. Anytime homemade soup is involved, you know it's a great weekend :)

    So excited for the Bachelor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds amazing! I made mac and cheese this weekend too...though not this version. =)
    Glad the exhibit was as good as it sounds!!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram