Seattle Recap Part 2Friday, July 12, 2013
(Clockwise from top left) 1. Dinner at Skillet - it was so good! We had the Habanero Chicken Wings, Kale Caesar Salad, Chicken Liver...
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Dinner at Skillet - it was so good! We had the Habanero Chicken Wings, Kale Caesar Salad, Chicken Liver Pate (two portions because it was THAT good - and the pate was caramelized on top, like a creme brulee), and chicken and waffles. SO GOOD. Go, if you're ever in the area!
2. This pic induced many bouts of laughter thanks to the rainbow flag behind us - mostly jokes about how Crystal was my wife first! (She used to always cook for me in college, and when I practically moved into her dorm room with her, she even made me a little cubby for all the toiletries I ended up accumulating in her room, lol)
3. We rode the ferry to Whidbey Island! It was both Cub's and my first ferry ride!
4. More mint chocolate chip ice cream, this time from Molly Moon, and technically the flavor is "Scout Mint" because it's got Thin Mints crushed up in peppermint ice cream. I swear I was never a big fan of mint chocolate chip, but this summer it's all I want!
1. On the ferry, although you can't really tell. (Hung was too busy chasing after the lil terror beast to help us snap a pic. haha)
2. On the hike down to the beach! Cub's holding a giant leaf I found on the trail and gave to him. It's huge!
3. Waiting in line at the Great Wheel!
4. Cub playing with water. He is a little water baby - easily entertained for hours on end just with some water!
1. The Great Wheel - those gondola things were seriously hot. So hot that Crys and I were only half joking when we talked about pushing the emergency button and/or jumping out. I don't really recommend doing this unless it's cooler! haha Luckily we all laughed so much that the ride was over and we managed not to kill ourselves from the heat.
2. Ivar's Fish Bar - Fish & Chips and Fried Oyster and Clam Chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. Ivar's is tradition now everytime I visit, and it's always so good!
3. One of my favorite photos from the trip!
4. I love this little hunka Chunk so much! Miss the little fella every day.
What are you all up to this weekend?? Stay cool!